has joined forces with the ASRM Research Institute to provide two outstanding grant opportunities to professionals in reproductive medicine – the Diversity Fellowship Research Award
and the Nursing Professionals Research Award
. Both grants are currently open, with a proposal submission deadline of January 16th, 2023
. Read further to find out more about EMD Serono and their partnership with the ASRM Research Institute.
- Who is EMD Serono?
- EMD Serono - the healthcare business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany in the U.S. and Canada -aspires to create, improve and prolong life for people living with difficult-to-treat conditions like infertility, multiple sclerosis and cancer. The business is imagining the future of healthcare by working to translate the discovery of molecules into potentially meaningful outcomes for people with serious unmet medical needs. EMD Serono’s global roots go back more than 350 years with Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. Today, the business has approximately 1,500 employees around the country with commercial, clinical and research operations in Massachusetts.
- How does EMD Serono’s vision and commitment to research align with the ASRM Research Institute?
- Similar to the ASRM Research Institute’s focus on areas that will have the most impact on the practice of reproductive medicine, we focus our efforts in areas where we have vast background knowledge, gleaned over decades of leadership in the space. Moreover, patients are at the center of all our research and development efforts, and we are committed to science innovation that will ultimately make a meaningful difference in people’s lives all over the world.
- What does EMD Serono value most from its partnership with the ASRM Research Institute?
- We know new research is critical to advancing reproductive medicine and requires diverse mindsets across the healthcare spectrum. That is why we’ve been so pleased to join forces with ASRM’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Task Force to promote diversity, equity and inclusion within healthcare professionals in reproductive medicine while working to increase access to quality reproductive care for all patients. Diversity, equity, and inclusion can mean a range of different things, including recognizing the important role all healthcare professionals play in helping patients on their fertility journey. Given that, EMD Serono has aligned with the ASRM Nurses’ Professional Group by creating a new award known as the Nurse Professionals Research Award. This research award supports their career growth through scientific development, data generation, and research.
- What advice would you give to researchers looking to apply for one of the EMD Serono sponsored grants?
- When applying for one of our research grants, consider a wide range of audiences and where gaps exist; approaching reproductive medicine and research based on the audience can drive significant impact. And working to close those gaps is pivotal to advancing medicine and equitable access to building a family.